KO Catering & Pies has been a favorite of ours for quite some time now. (Check out some vintage posts here, here and here.) I have no idea why it took me so long to visit their newish location at the Shipyard…I guess I always made the “I don’t want to go to Eastie” excuse without realizing how accessible it really is. After a very non-Mother’s day Mother’s day trip to East Boston–which is, by the way, the BEST place to go if you’re not doing the whole Mother’s day thing–I have a totally new outlook on the neighborhood, which you can get to easily by taking the T or (if you want to be awesome) the water taxi.
I forgot how much I loved their food! Sam is a great chef, he keeps it interesting while remaining casual and approachable. Here’s what we tried…
If you haven’t made it out to the Shipyard yet, here are some things you might want to keep in mind when planning your next patio day drinking adventure anywhere BUT Eastie:
- They have a patio!
- They are located less than a 5 minute walk from the Water Taxi. (Just make sure to say G’day to the Shipyard guard on the way in!)
- They have way more on the menu than meat pies. (Including dessert.)
- They serve beer and wine.
- They are in the process of building a roof deck.
- They host all kinds of events including live music, bar nights, etc.
- It’s still filled with Aussies 24/7