Symphony Sushi, I love you.
It’s about time my favorite sushi restaurant in Boston gets the recognition it deserves. It’s going on 5 years that my friends and I have been attending regularly. Yea yea, it’s right around the corner from my old Northeastern stomping grounds (on Gainsborough and Huntington), but it’s so much more than that! IT’S A MIRACLE, actually.
Here are 5 reasons why Symphony Sushi is more than just a neighborhood sushi spot:
1) The Menu. They offer a huge selection of maki and sashimi that is ALWAYS fresh. You never have to worry about the quality of the fish at Symph Sush. If you’re not in the mood for sushi, there are a ton of other options as well. They have great miso, salads, dumplings, udon noodle soup, seafood pancake and fried rice. The other food is just as fresh as the sushi, and always excellent.
2) The Service. The waitresses are friendly, attentive, and tolerant. They always split the bills without us asking and have no problem when every person pays with a credit card. Since we lived around the corner, people were always coming and going from our table. So many restaurants HATE that and try to avoid it as much as possible. Symphony Sushi does everything they can to be accommodating and reasonable. It’s refreshing.
3) The Prices. Very reasonable, especially considering the quality of the good. You can get a complete sushi meal of a miso soup, salad and roll for about $15! The lunch specials are even cheaper – about 8 dollars for a packed bento box. The green tea is free, and Mochi’s for dessert are only $1!
4) The Consistency. In 5 years, I have never had a bad meal at Symphony Sushi. Never. Every restaurant has an off day, but Symphony Sushi doesn’t – on the ball every time. There is something to be said for that.
5) The Specials. Along with the vast menu options – they always have crazy specials, with the most unassuming sushi ingredients. Example: Asparagus tempura inside and steak sirloin and avocado around the outside. SO GOOD.
If you have never been to Symphony Sushi – it is worth going out of your way for. Perfect for every occasion, usually no wait, cheap. As long as I live in Boston, Symphony Sushi will always be my sushi go-to.